Why do I need a content writer ANYWAY?
If you have a site with nothing on it, how will you be found?
- Stay visible. Search engines like Google and Bing are constantly searching for content — webpages, blogs, social media posts, videos, images, you name it — and if you don’t have anything for the engines to find, you’ll be invisible. Your competitors know this, and that’s why they rank.
- Stay relevant. I read the news and you probably do, too. If you’re a travel company and haven’t addressed the major events in your area, your guests will definitely notice.
- Stay up to date. Do you feel confident that the best, most reliable information can be found on a webpage that hasn’t been updated since 2004? Yeah, me neither.
- Save time and effort. Not everyone likes writing. Some people don’t have time to blog, others don’t have the English language skills, and some just find it tedious. Maybe you do like writing, but you don’t know how to blog effectively.
- Save money. And hiring a content writer is a great investment! Buy your blog/article/content once, use it as many times as you want. I could throw around the phrase ROI, but I think you get the gist.
What do you write?
I’ve spent the last year testing out different writing niches, but I’ve found the most joy writing about my two lifelong loves: animals and travel. As a kid, I always had my nose in a Ranger Rick magazine and begged to go to the Amazon rainforest… usually so that I could see a rare animal in its natural habitat. I’m also quite fond of historical topics, home, lifestyle, DIY, and even the supernatural, so don’t feel restricted by the pets and travel thing. My tone is usually approachable, informative, and a little silly, but your brand’s voice comes first.
- web articles
- magazine articles
- quizzes and lists
- other web content
All writing is done by me and me alone. I do not work with any assistants, agencies, or subcontractors, so you can be sure you’re getting the same quality writing every time. I am a full-time freelancer and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
On top of all that, I’m a prolific book reviewer and professional beta reader. I have Top Reviewer status on NetGalley, am gaining popularity on BookSirens, and host a mildly successful bookstagram account. Like book reviews? Go check out my dedicated book review site, Jam-Packed Bookshelf.
What do you know about SEO?
A fair bit. I’ve taken courses, earned certifications, and implement SEO best practices in every piece of web-destined content I write. That means thorough research, working in relevant keywords, building a readable structure, and above all, creating quality content that is 100% original.
Other SEO tricks up my sleeve include meta descriptions, tags, internal/external linking, and alt image text. I’m not a technical SEO, though, so I can’t guarantee rankings.
It’s not all about SEO. It matters, yes, but if you don’t have that human connection, your content won’t go anywhere.
I’m in! So What are your rates?
Cards on the table? It can be hard to say. I carefully tailor every article to my client’s unique needs, so there’s not a one size fits all answer. I know that sounds cagey, but it’s the truth.
Every job is different, so send me a message for a quote.
Questions? Comments? Inquiries?
Like what you see? Awesome! Click that contact button and let’s work it out.
I can be most easily contacted via email, direct message, and social media. You could try telepathy, but no promises.