You’re a small to medium business owner with ideas and a message, but you lack the time or resources to write your own blog. You want a steady stream of high-quality content to keep your brand relevant and fresh in your customers’ minds, or maybe you just need an occasional guest post. You might even need a whole ebook written!
Whoever you are, you don’t want to go through an agency, hire an in-house writer, and you definitely don’t want to fork over huge platform fees.
You just want to do more of what you love.
That’s where I come in.
I’m a freelance content writer here to help you resonate with your audience by developing fresh content worth reading.
- I have a degree in creative writing from the University of Wisconsin – Parkside and have a box full of awards and honor society pins to prove my nerdiness.
- I use excellent grammar, but I know when to bend the rules. While I was in college, I worked as a writing tutor, which meant I spent a lot of time proofreading, editing, and doling out writing advice. It was a short ladder, but I climbed to the top and eventually held a supervisory role over the entire learning assistance department.
- I know SEO. Content is king and SEO is the crown. Do I guarantee your page will rank? No, of course not. Keyword strategy is just one jewel in that crown. But do I promise to employ best SEO practices while creating relevant, researched content worth reading? You betcha.
- I am an exceptional researcher. I never cut corners — especially when it comes to researching and collecting factual, accurate data. Whatever it takes, I will find the answers.
- I have life experience. I earned my BA in 2008, took a few years to pet dogs, travel the world, and have some kids. Now I’m on my chosen lifepath and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Yes, I have a dog. His name is Neville. He’s a dachshund-beagle mix who enjoys destroying indestructible toys and providing lumbar support. Plus, I grew up in a house full of pets including (but not limited to) cats, dogs, birds, frogs, fish, hamsters, guinea pigs, a rabbit, a hedgehog, and even one extraordinarily friendly stick insect.
- Yes, I enjoy travel. I vacation at least one week a year — usually a cruise or short road trip. I studied abroad in Montpellier, France and have visited 10 other countries. Sometimes I travel alone, sometimes I take my husband, sometimes it’s a family thing. No matter where I go or who I’m with, it’s the unexpected that always makes the trip memorable.
- I like to think I’m easy to work with. Just tell me what to write, when you want it done, and you’ll have it. Piece of cake.
Here’s what my clients had to say…
“Brilliant writer, researcher, and creative. Amazing. Fulfilled everything the job listed as a deliverable. If you’re considering hiring Sarah and also scanning other candidates, I suggest you close the job post, hire, and pay. With over a decade working in advertising and marketing, I hope you trust my feedback. Sarah – I am grateful for your help and would love to hire you again!”
“Sarah is an amazing talent! She creates copywriter content that is thoughtful, on point, and creative. Over the last six months, I’ve thrown a lot of change her direction and she’s continued to deliver astoundingly good content for our website. If you’re looking for a writer who is flexible, who can take your ideas and turn them into new and evergreen content that generates organic search results on Google, and someone who is responsive and dependable, look no further.”
“Sarah demonstrated excellent writing and research skills our editorial department was quite pleased with. She delivered the content in the format as requested well before deadline – and no edits were needed. This gifted writer was a pleasure to work with.”
“Sarah is a fantastic writer who requires very little hand holding. I told her what I needed and all the articles were done ahead of schedule and were on point. I will definitely be hiring her again in the future.”